September 17, 2009

Artist Andy Thomas to paint Soapy Smith

(Click image to enlarge)
Desperate Ride
by Andy Thomas

I have been given permission to announce that fine artist Andy Thomas will soon begin painting the "gunfight on Juneau Wharf" at his Maze Creek Studio in Carthage, Missouri. The title not yet decided upon, which Andy christens at the completion of each of his paintings. This very exciting project has been kept under wraps for weeks while Andy and I poured over the historical information provided in my book, Alias Soapy Smith: The Life and Death of a Scoundrel and my large antique photograph collection. This historic portrayal of the shootout between Soapy Smith and Frank Reid will be the most authentic depiction ever painted. I can hardly contain my excitement!

Andy is known as the "storyteller," and looking around his studio website I know you'll agree. His original paintings are highly sought after. Bad Whiskey, one of his westerns, recently sold for $110,000.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith