November 4, 2009

Book review #6



Robert K. DeArment, author of such great historical works as Knights of the Green Cloth: The Saga of the Frontier Gamblers, Bat Masterson: The Man and the Legend, Deadly Dozen: Twelve Forgotten Gunfighters of the Old West, Alias Frank Canton, and more, is the gentleman who wrote one of my book back cover reviews. The delivery of his hard cover copy of the book was delayed due to shipping by media mail from Juneau which is taking longer than previously expected. To counter the delay I sent Mr. DeArment a signed soft cover of the book by Priority mail and will do the same when I recieve the hard bound. Upon receiving the book Mr. DeArment wrote me the following.

I have received the softcover copy of your book and am impressed by it. I thank you and look forward to receiving the signed hardbound copy. The wealth of pictures, which I had not seen in the manuscript copy I first read, add a great deal to the text. Your years of study and research have paid dividends. From this point on, any writer or researcher into the history of nineteenth century gamblers or con men must use your book as a primer.

Best wishes for your continued success,
Bob DeArment

Pinch me I must be dreaming...








.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith