December 14, 2010

Hallmark and the Prize Package Soap Racket

(Click image to enlarge)

My cousin emailed me with a great story that gave me an excuse to use the new picture art I made above.


Jeff,

How is life treating you? Hope you’re ready for Christmas. I was Christmas shopping last night and I go to Hallmark and get ready to pay look to my left and what do I see….

A box full of Soap and the box says “Do you think you will be lucky at the soap game??? “ You buy a bar of soap for $10 and inside the soap is either a $1, $5, $10 or $20 dollar bill. I about fell over I thought I would share this with you just funny how Soapy lives to this day yet no many know his name…..

Have a Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

Keep the Soapy site alive I love visiting it weekly

Doug Hartzell

Thank you Doug, that is a great story! I checked online and apparently the store you went in is perhaps the only one giving away cash prizes just as Soapy did so long ago. Get a photograph if you can! lol.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith