March 9, 2011

Soapy Smith in the upcoming movie, The Floor of Heaven.

THE FLOOR OF HEAVEN
NOW SHOWING


There was a secret about this book that I was asked by the author, Howard Blum, to keep until it was settled. Well, yesterday I received the word. I'll let Howard tell you. 

Just wanted to let you know that 20th Century Fox bought the film rights to THE FLOOR OF HEAVEN. I'm in LA this week and will be meeting with the studio executives (who are quite smart; they "get" the story) and I will mention the role you could play as a source and a technical advisor.
An excited Howard

I am excited too! Not only is there a good chance that Soapy will soon be in a major motion picture, but there is also a chance someone in the film industry will see this (depending on how well Soapy is portrayed) and say, "wow, what a character! He should have a film about HIM!"

Now we can see who was right in picking the actor who plays Soapy! Cross your fingers Soapy fans!


Here are links to other posts on this blog pertaining to this topic:
February 24, 2011
March 8, 2011











.

7 comments:

  1. Well, if you ask me, it should be a direct line relative....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful news!!! I also think having you [ Jeff ] as a tecnical advisor and source is superb idea.
    Hopefully, the powers that be will keep things 'real', and 'historically accurate'....and not add too much 'unnatural embellishment'.
    The raw historical stories are powerful and compelling enough to stand on their own....IMHO.

    I also would not mind seeing it filmed in B&W...but that's just 'realist' in me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree friend Rich!...Except, maybe on the B&W film. I've never been much of a fan for that special effect. I'll be happy anyway they do it, if it's done half-way decent.

    I have to be positive in this hope, but we have to also be prepared that nothing will ever come of this. Excuse me while I go and whack my typing fingers with a ruler for uttering such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand your negativity about the B&W idea Jeff. I believe I feel that way because when I read 'history'...I seem to imagine the scenes in black and white.[ how's that for being selfish? ] lol


    I am feeling fairly positive that this project will come to fruition....especially with Mr. Blum's comment: "I'm in LA this week and will be meeting with the studio executives (who are quite smart; they "get" the story)"
    If they really do "get" the story...this movie project has unlimited potential...especially if the magnificent 'drama' of the Klondike Gold Rush era is used to it's fullest potential.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your positive thinking friend Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff, that is wonderful news, and I know you must be thrilled..Go whack your typing fingers with a ruler for that other thought..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith