May 9, 2012

Eat, gamble, drink: Soapy's little paradise in Fairbanks, Alaska









ast year at this time, May 6, 2011 I came across a picture on Google of the Soapy Smith Pull Tab store in Fairbanks. I posted searches and asked people in Fairbanks if anyone had ever heard of this place but never received a single response. As you can see I found the place. Naturally, it's next door to the Soapy Smith Pioneer Restaurant, which I already knew about. Something told me to check around the restaurant and see if the store was there and sure enough it is. Looking at the Google map, in order you can eat, go next door and gamble, and then continue on to the Mecca Bar and drink.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith